Management control, the key to business success
COURSE BONUSABLE BY THE FUNDAE
This introductory course will help financial professionals to take a first step towards the implementation of a Management Planning and Control structure in their company based on financial accounting and business information. From the identification of essential indicators to monitor the business, to the implementation of management accounting that allows obtaining a simple and effective scorecard.
5-hour course from Monday to Thursday from 2:45 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. with 40% theory and 60% practical.
Students will be able to have the documentation and recording of the course as well as interact with the teacher
1. How to implement a control structure in an SME
• Main challenges in SMEs to implement a control structure.
• How to orient the accounting information towards a management control tool.
• Differentiate the strategic plan from the operational plan.
• Know how to monitor the business with a long-term perspective.
2. Transform financial accounting into management accounting
• Differences between financial accounting and management accounting.
• Management control in times of crisis.
• Management accounting as an essential tool for control.
• How to apply management accounting to evaluate departments, products, profitability.
• The budgeting process of an SME.
3. The balanced scorecard
• The usefulness of having a simple and effective scorecard.
• How to build a scorecard: selection of financial and non-financial indicators.
• Examples applied to commercial and industrial SMEs.